Marks & Spencer - Castle Donington, Derbyshire
Gi Group are proud to be working with M&S at their distribution centre in Castle Donington. The centre processes around 2 million single orders a week, more at peak times, to fulfill both M&S stores and website orders.
Getting the right products to the right places at the right time may sound straightforward. However, when you’re doing this for one of Britain’s biggest retailers, it involves a massive behind-the-scenes operation and some of the most advance technologies in the industry. Fast, flexible and agile, M&S’s supply chain plays a vital part in their ability to deliver what their customers want when they need it – and you would be integral to this.
Check out the exciting facts about the place you could work:
- Big enough to hold 3507 London double decker buses or 2392 billion Percy pigs or ten football pitches
- Over 150,000 products stored in house
- Delivering up to 300,000 online orders, 150,000 store orders per day during peak trade
- The building is 900,000sq ft which makes it one of the biggest buildings in the East Midlands
- Roofs designed to capture rainwater to reduce water consumption and also houses 24,272 Solar PV panels on the roof of the building which will generate over 5,000 MWh of electricity per year, the equivalent amount of energy to power 1,190 houses. The energy generated will provide nearly 25% of the energy required for the distribution centre
- The solar panel wall is bigger than 16 tennis courts and is expected to provide energy savings of 1.1GWh, the equivalent energy use of two large M&S stores. It will achieve an estimated 250 tonnes of CO2 savings each year. The sun energy is used to heat and ventilate the warehouse
- No waste on site goes to landfill - It is all recycled
Gi Group are looking to recruit people who really get what it means to work at M&S. People who’ll both build up and benefit from the unique culture.
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic individual, who can build strong relationships based on trust and respect?
Are you able to able to deliver quality service at pace, connect with customers and colleagues alike whilst achieving high performance?
If you can say yes, then you are the person we are looking for. You’ll apply your fast-thinking efficiency at M&S’s fully automated, state-of-the-art Castle Donington distribution centre. Its 900,000 sq ft holds up to 16 million products and it’s capable of processing a million items a day – so there’ll be plenty to get stuck into.
As a warehouse operative you would play an essential role in M&S’s success in becoming a leading international, multi-channel retailer.
If you’re familiar with an automated environment, that’s a great start. We can help you build on this experience to achieve your potential. Ideally you will have a minimum of 3 months experience within a fast-paced warehouse, and if your experience was handling fashion garments that would be exceptional, but definitely not a deal breaker.
So as well as being flexible, self-motivated and calm under stress, you will need a good grasp of English and Math, and will be working with computers and handheld devices.
The job can involve picking, loading, unloading, receiving or packing a range of goods for stores and internet customers. You will have productivity and accuracy targets you need to meet, plus other housekeeping responsibilities around the warehouse. You will be trained in several areas but likely that you will have an area of expertise.
Drug & Alcohol tests
M&S are committed to providing a safe working environment. All employees and third parties need to be in a fit condition whilst working on site. Drug and alcohol tests are carried out on the basis that health, safety and welfare may be jeopardised if an employee is impaired by the misuse of drugs, alcohol or other substances.
Does this sound like something that you would like to be a part of? If so, please click on the position below for more information and details on how to contact us.
If you are looking for work elsewhere, or a different role, then please visit the Marks & Spencer website to look for vacancies in your local area – M&S Careers.