Temporary Warehouse Operative Roles
Castle Donington, Derbyshire
Gi Group are proud to be working with M&S at it's new distribution centre in Castle Donington.
Outside it's just another big distribution centre. Inside it's anything but….
Gi Group are looking to recruit people who really get what it means to work at M&S. People who’ll both build up and benefit from the unique culture. So as well as being flexible, self-motivated and calm under stress – you’ll genuinely care about customers and colleagues. Always supportive and always open. If this is you, this may lead to permanent opportunities direct with M&S after a period of time.
So what do we look for in you?
It is preferable that you have at least a year’s experience within a fast-paced warehouse especially automated and if your experience was handling fashion garments that would be exceptional. But it’s not a deal breaker. It’d also be great if you had forklift, PPT or MHE certification. Because it’s a physical role, you’ll have to be in good shape. You’ll need a decent grasp of English and Maths – and you’ll be working with computers and handheld devices too.
The job will involve picking, loading, unloading, receiving or packing a range of goods for stores and internet customers. You’ll have productivity and accuracy targets you need to meet, plus other housekeeping responsibilities around the warehouse. You will be trained in several areas but likely that you will have an area of expertise.
Sounding good? …… check out the exciting facts about the place you could work:
- Big enough to hold 3507 London double decker buses or 2392 billion Percy pigs
- Over 150,00 products stored in house
- Delivering 120000 online orders, 1500 store orders per day
- At 900,000 sq. ft. which will make it one of the biggest buildings in the East Midlands using 4000 tonnes of steel
- Site is big enough to house ten football pitches.
- Roofs designed to capture rainwater to reduce water consumption
- The solar panel wall is bigger than 16 tennis courts and is expected to provide energy savings of 1.1GWh, the equivalent energy use of two large M&S stores. It will achieve an estimated 250 tonnes of CO2 savings each year. The sun energy is used to heat and ventilate the warehouse
- No waste on site goes to landfill. It is all recycled.
Does this sound like something that you would like to be a part of? If so, please email your CV in a MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
M&S are committed to providing a safe working environment and need all employees and third parties to be in a fit condition whilst working on site. M&S therefore conduct drug and alcohol testing on the basis that health, safety and welfare may be jeopardised if an employee is impaired by the misuse of drugs, alcohol or other substances.
If you are looking for work elsewhere or a different role then please visit the Marks & Spencer website to look for vacancies in your local area - http://corporate.marksandspencer.com/mscareers/apply_now
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity and join in ‘Plan A at M&S ….. there is a no Plan B’.